Saturday, February 2, 2013

Louis Vuitton Speedy 25 Review

Hey everyone! I'd like to wish everyone a late happy new year! I haven't written any reviews for a bit but I am back with more LV goodies.

Today's review is going to be on the Louis Vuitton Speedy 25.
*Warning: This review is a bit lengthy*
When it came to purchasing this bag I had a bit of a hard time. I watched and read plenty of reviews before making my purchase. The reason I was having a hard time deciding on whether to get this bag was  mainly because of SIZE. Compared the the rest of the speedy family this bag is extremely small.

After two weeks of listing the pros and cons I finally decided to make the purchase. I have found that this bag is small, but spacious. It's a great bag for the right occasions, but not great for everyday use (unless you don't carry much). The top opening can get annoying because it does not open too wide. The handle drop is also pretty tight. I find it hard sometimes to fit the speedy on my arm when I am wearing a thick coat. 

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with this bag. This bag is a great bag because its looks are quite deceiving and you can fit a lot in this bag, but it is very hard to get things out. I carry a make up bag, a pencil case, a calculator, my LV compact zippy wallet, gloves, mints, a flash drive, my phone, and often a bottle of water. There is usually room for a little more but I don't like to over stuff the bag making it lose shape. All of that stuff fits comfortably and it still has a little room to move. The only problem is that when I am looking to get something from the bottom of the bag I usually have to take everything out and then put it back in or else everything gets jumbled and the bag seems too crowded. Everything fits, BUT you have to neatly place it in the bag in order to ensure optimal space efficiency...which can get annoying.

This is the perfect bag to grab and go if you don't need to carry too much. I don't think I'll recommend it for everyday use because after using it for a few weeks I often find myself frustrated when I need to get things in and out quickly. 

There is a small little flap pocket on the inside of the bag, which I find pretty useless because it is so small. There is also a D-ring inside the bag so you can clip your keys onto it to avoid losing it inside the bag. 

This is just one of those bags that have a lot of mixed reviews. I think most of the negative reviews come from people trying to make this bag more than what it should be. This is a perfect evening bag, a perfect grab-and-go bag, a perfect bag for a light day. This is NOT the bag to be using on an everyday basis because as a woman I feel that even though it can hold all the essentials, they are not easily accessible. 

The speedy is an iconic bag and everyone should have at least one in their collection, but if you are looking to buy an everyday bag then you should definitely splurge for the Speedy 30. 

Xo, 
T.



No comments:

Post a Comment