Friday, October 19, 2012

Louis Vuitton Retiro GM Review

I bought my Louis Vuitton Retiro GM in the Louis Vuitton store in Atlantic City, New Jersey over a year ago. I absolutely love this bag! I use it often for an everyday bag, a travel bag, and for me this bag is so perfect.
I am always looking up reviews for this bag and I never really find many. It seems like no one is really interested in getting this bag, and then the reviews I do manage to find and read most people say they hate it because of it's large size.

Personally, I think the size is a huge plus! The bag is 40 x 32 x 17cm and it comes with an adjustable shoulder strap. The inside of the bag is a nice natural cream colored suede lining and there are three pockets (One large pocket big enough to fit my iPad, and two smaller ones for a phone or whatever), plus a D ring to hook on your key chains or whatever you want.

This bag is gigantic! It fits everything I need and more. Since I'm a student I am always carrying books, my binder, cosmetic case, iPad, and MacBook and it fits all of this with ease. If you fill up this bag and try to hand carry it then it does get to be a pain but luckily when using the shoulder strap it evenly distributes the weight and I don't feel like my shoulder is going to fall off.

The first three months I had this bag I used it and abused it, taking it everywhere with me. The bag began to patina and now instead of a light ivory color, I have a nice tanned brown leather that looks beautiful. Since I used this bag so much it did patina quicker than my other LV bags but after a year of wear and tear the bag is still holding up strong and looks great. The only signs of serious wear I began to notice are the bottom corners of the bag are a little scratched up, but I assume thats from always setting it down everywhere and such.

I really don't have anything bad to say about this bag. It is a true oversized bag and if you're someone who always has to carry their world in their purse, like me, then this bag is perfect for you.

This bag does come in a PM size, but when I seen it in the store I noticed that it was tremendously smaller and I was not a fan of it.

Overview: Louis Vuitton Retiro GM
 - Has plenty of room for everything you need
 - Does get heavy if you do not use shoulder strap
 - Bag patinas beautifully
 - Still looks beautiful after a year of wear and tear
 - Hardware has not shown signs of aging
 - Perfect for everyday use or travel

Overall I would definitely recommend getting this bag. It is a great investment and the Louis Vuitton monogram print never gets old. I have a very hard time finding reviews on this bag and I am hoping that after people read this they will get inspired to give this bag a shot.

xo,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment