Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tarte Smooth Operator Review

So after a few days of using Nars Sheer Matte foundation I started noticing that my skin was becoming even more dry than before! So I went down to my local ULTA and spoke to one of the beauty consultants. He told me that since my face is prone to being dry I needed to try a tinted moisturizer. Now, I have never even given a tinted moisturizer a chance because I thought it was just some fancy face lotion and why would I spend like $42 on fancy lotion..right? 
The consultant matched me with Agent 10 and when he put it on with the brush I hated it! It looked very cakey and gross and made me look waaaay too light. He told me that I need to trust him and go home and use it myself because when I do it myself I will have a lighter touch and I will end up loving this stuff.

I go home and washed my face and used Tarte's primer and then I followed my usual routine, which is applying a little product onto my finger tips then patting it onto my face then blending with my brush. I realized that he was right. This tinted moisturizer was extremely light weight and since I controlled how much I put on to my face it actually looked very natural and had a light coverage that I love. It looks like I have NO make up on at all and it leaves my face basically very even and smooth. After I applied that I used my BareMinerals Warmth on my cheeks as a bronzer and then set everything with my BareMinerals Mineral Veil.


As you can see my face looks very natural and you can't even tell I have any make up on. I have a few blemishes on my face that the tinted moisturizer covered right up. At first the finish was a little dewy but after I put my Mineral Veil on top I got a nice matte finish which is what I like. I cannot use "Matte" make up because it dries out my skin but I hate the look of dewy make up. This was perfect because the moisturizer hydrated my skin perfectly while the Mineral Veil set and de-slicked my face. 

It has been over 5 hours and my face still has a nice matte finish. I guess I will now stop the search of my "Holy Grail" foundation and accept the combination of Tarte's Smooth Operator & BareMineral's Mineral Veil for my perfectly natural look. 

Overview: Tarte Smooth Operator - Agent 10
 - Very light weight 
 - Has a slight dewy finish (You can easily de-slick with powder)
 - Goes on very smooth with fingers or with brush 
 - Does not clog pores
 - Hydrates face and has a light/medium coverage 
 - Very build able 

I would most definitely recommend this product!! 


Xo,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment