Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Urban Decay Optical Blurring Brush Review

So for the past week I have been searching for the perfect foundation but in the process of that I have found the perfect brush!

Urban Decay's Optical Blurring Brush


This brush was designed by Urban Decay to use with their Naked Skin Foundation. I bought this brush after reading a few reviews and learning that people did use this with mineral make up and it worked. I had been using BareMinerals and needed a new brush so I thought, why not? 

The first day I used this brush with my BareMinerals and it gave me a nice airbrushed look. This brush is very easy to use and the bristles are tightly compacted so that you get a nice even coverage and there is no shedding (at least in the week that I have used it I have had no shedding). 

Then after seeing how good this brush worked I decided to try new make up because my face had been getting a little dry and I wanted to try a liquid foundation. So I went to Sephora and the beauty consultant hooked me up with Nars Sheer Matte Foundation. This brush again worked wonders with this liquid foundation and it gave me a very nice even coverage. There was no streaking and this brush blended the foundation so easily. I had also been reading reviews on Nars Sheer Matte Foundation and people had said that this foundation was extremely hard to blend but I found that with this brush I had no trouble blending AT ALL. 

A few days later I ditched the Nars and got Tarte Smooth Operator, which is a tinted moisturizer, and yet again this brush did not fail me! The brush blended beautifully and did not shed at all. I got a very nice light coverage and it didn't even feel or look like there was any make up on my face! 

Conclusion:
I LOVE THIS BRUSH! If you are looking for a new brush that does it all then this is it! This brush worked great with powder foundation, liquid foundation, and tinted moisturizer. This brush is so soft and the handle is designed beautifully. Well done Urban Decay! 

I have yet to try the Urban Decay Naked Foundation (that was designed to pair with this brush) but I have heard that it leaves you with a very dewy finish and I don't like that so I'm not sure I will ever get to trying it. 

Overview: Urban Decay Optical Blurring Brush
 - Soft compact bristles give you an air brush finish 
 - Works great with liquid foundation, powder foundation, and tinted moisturizer
 - Has yet to shed on me 
 - Feels nice and soft on the face 
 - Bristles do not get clumpy from foundation or moisturizer

I would highly recommend going out and investing in this brush! 

If you would like to read a little bit more about the foundations I tried and why I ended up with tinted moisturizer then just scroll down to my previous reviews. 

xo,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment