Monday, October 15, 2012

Nars Sheer Matte Review.

Let me tell you guys a bit about myself before I get into the review. I absolutely hate taking hours and hours to do my make up. I am one of those girls who likes to just be done in 1, 2, 3. I started using BareMinerals because it was just that. I needed no make up talent and I could easily slab it on my face and my skin still looked flawless. I only use foundation and mascara. 


Lately I have noticed that my skin has been getting a little dry by my cheeks and chin area. I have combination skin and my t-zone usually gets a little oily by midday. I went to the local Sephora and asked my friend Josh to help me pick a foundation and color match me with the right shade. I had been reading reviews on different liquid foundations and I decided that I either wanted to go with Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation or Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! foundation. When I told Josh that he told me that I HAD to try NARS Sheer Matte because out of all the liquid foundations he has tried so far this one is his holy grail. 


I had read about Sheer Matte and many people had mixed reviews. Some people LOVED it and many HATED it so I was extremely skeptical. None the less I let him color match me and my perfect shade was Barcelona. I told him over and over again that I needed a foundation that was going to be extremely easy to apply because I am basically make up challenged. 

When I got home I was very excited to try out this new product. I washed my face and applied my primer and was ready to go. When I popped open the bottle and shook out some foundation it seemed like it had a nice texture and wasn't too runny. I put the foundation on the back of my hand and used my Urban Decay Optical Blurring blush to start blending foundation all over my face. I started to notice that my skin looked a bit pale so I was worried that I might not have the right shade, but I finished anyway. After that I applied my BareMinerals 'Warmth' as a bronzer and finished it off with my BareMinerals Mineral Veil. The foundation did not give me a cakey look and it was easy to build on. 

The next day, after reading different reviews on how to apply this foundation I found a new regimen that actually worked better for me. Instead of putting the foundation on the back of my hand and using the brush to apply it to my face I poured some foundation onto my finger tips, then rubbed my right and left finger tips together to spread the foundation a little. After that I pat my finger tips all over my face. This allows me to put more foundation where I need it! After that I use my brush to blend the foundation all over my face. I felt that this gave me a much more even look and a much more natural look. 

I have read that many people think this foundation is hard to blend, but for me that was not the case. The foundation easily blended while on my face and did not dry too fast. As a girl who needs quick and easy- this is it! My face stayed matte for almost 9 hours and I did not see the need to blot with paper or use powder to touch up my face. This foundation is buildable and light weight.

I have nothing negative to say about this foundation except that at first it did make me look very pale. But that was fixed once I changed my application technique. I think I might have just applied too much when I just did the whole foundation on brush, and brush to face. 

Hope you all enjoyed my first review. Many more to come! 

xo, 
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment